Swimming Pool Rules and Regulations
The following rules and regulations have been established for the benefit of all users of the swimming facilities to assure the safe operation of the pools and to provide enjoyable recreational opportunities for all. Patrons are requested to cooperate in observing these rules and to obey the instructions of the Aquatics staff. Patrons violating swimming rules are subject to the revocation of their swimming privileges. No refunds will be given.
- No one will be allowed in the swimming area unless the pool is officially open and a lifeguard is on duty.
- All persons entering the pool area must pay the appropriate admission fee or present proof of a valid membership or program registration.
- Persons under the influence of alcohol or drugs will not be permitted in the pool area.
- All patrons must take a cleansing soap shower before entering the water.
- No diving in water less than 6 feet deep.
- Running, boisterous or rough play, pushing, acrobatics, dunking, wrestling, splashing, yelling, diving or jumping without care and caution, snapping of towels or any acts which would endanger any patron are prohibited.
- Food and drinks (other than water in an appropriate plastic container) are not permitted on the pool decks (indoors or outdoors) except in designated seating areas.
- Non-swimmer are not premitted to swim more than four feet or within arm's reach.
- Children under 12 years old must be accompanied by the guardians.
- Spitting, spouting water, blowing nose, urinating or defecating in the pool is prohibited.
- Gum chewing, Gutkhas, Pan Parag, Smoking is not permitted anywhere in the pool area for health and safety reasons.
- No prolonged underwater swimming for time and/or distance. Competitive or repetitive breath holding can be deadly and is not permitted. Hyperventilation is absolutely not permitted.
- Any injury occurring in the pool must be reported to a lifeguard or pool supervisor immediately.
- Face masks and snorkels may not be used except during approved instructional programs. Goggles are permitted.
- The use of starting blocks is restricted to approved swim practices, swim meets and instructional programs only under the supervision of a properly trained instructor/coach.
- During electrical storms (thunderstorms) patrons must vacate the pool and seek shelter inside a substantial building.